We support the following voice commands to insert punctuation in Dictation for English:
- To insert a period, say "period" or "point" immediately at the end of a sentence.
- To insert a comma, say "comma" and continue on with the sentence.
- To insert a question mark, say "question mark"
- To insert an exclamation mark, say "exclamation mark"
- To insert a quote, say "single quote" or "double quote"
We don't have a voice command yet for inserting a line break or paragraph.
To prevent the punctuation from being typed out as a word, you want to dictate the punctuation without a pause after the previous word.